DIGITAL MARKETING MUST HAVES
Creating a digital presence for your business can seem like a daunting task. They’re so many options to choose from: website, social media, mobile app, and more. Oh, and of course, you don’t want to spend too much money cause you still have to pay “what’s his name” his weekly salary. So where should you start?
That was rhetorical. You don’t have to answer it. I’m going to answer it for you. In order of “You better start here” to “You can take it or leave it”:
1) Website: No. That Facebook page you created cannot be your website. You need a presence that can found by search and that isn’t owned by Facebook. If you can spend a few bucks buying that plaque with your name on it and that says “Boss” underneath – you can throw some cash at a real necessity: a website that provides a visitor a sense of your brand and information about you and your services.
2) Search Engine Optimization: For the uninitiated – this is a way to build a website and write content that Google can read and display on their search results page. That way when some says “Google where I can find ‘so-and-so’” they get your company as the first result.
3) Google Places: Make sure Google knows your company exists. That way you can come up in search results in other ways and people can quickly call or email you.
4) Mobile: Nine times out of ten you won’t need an app. Go mobile web first and try to do it as you build your website.
5) Social Media: Just make sure you have time and a plan – no one likes a stale Facebook or Twitter account with old content.
Your question now is probably: “How much will this cost me?” Well, hold on partner. You can go the extra cheap way and try one of those “build-it-yourself-websites”, but those never come out right. Or you can reach out to the super cost-effective, bright (and maybe debonair) guys at Answer Key by contacting us to help with your digital needs. Just don’t keep us waiting too long. Bye for now.